Inmates may have visitation once they have made their first court appearance and are assigned to a permanent housing unit.
Please see the visitation schedule for more information. No more than 4 people may visit at a time. Juveniles must be accompanied by at least one adult. Children must be controlled and cannot be left unattended at any time.
Visitors must have a current photo ID, e.g., driver's license, DES ID card, Arizona ID card, Military ID, Passport, Travel Visa, U.S. B1/B2 Visa and Border Crossing card, Resident Alien card or Work permit, Mexican Consul issued ID (Matricula Consular) card. All ID's must have a photo, date of birth, and current address. Check cashing cards will not be accepted.
Special visits may be arranged, at the jail's convenience for family and friends who live outside a 100 mile radius of the jail and are only in town for a limited time. These special visits are scheduled on a one-time basis and cannot be used as an additional visit.
Video Visitation Schedule
Effective October 4, 2009, all visitations at the Pima County Jail will be conducted via video.
Inmates are eligible for one (1) visit per calendar week; visits are 30 minutes in length. Visitations will be scheduled on a first come, first serve basis. Appointments for visitation may be made up to seven (7) days in advance (e.g., on a Monday, an appointment may be made for the following Monday). Individuals may schedule a visitation time by calling (520) 351-8111 and following the prompts or coming down to the Jail Complex to schedule a time.
Scheduled visits will be prioritized over non-scheduled visits, so calling to schedule visitation is highly recommended. Non-scheduled visits will only occur if the housing unit visitation booths are not already scheduled and are available.
All visitors, including Minimum Security Facility visitors, are to report to the Main Jail front desk, located at 1270 W. Silverlake Road, Tucson, AZ 85713. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled visitation time and have valid photo identification. All visits will start and end at the scheduled times - even if the visitor is late. Late arrival of 15 minutes or more will result in the cancellation of the visit.
- Monday through Friday: 7:30am - 9:00pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 7:30am - 2:15pm
Visitation is not available on Federal Holidays.
- All visitation is subject to unforseen lock-down and other situations which may postpone or cancel all visitation.
- Inmates who are on pre-disciplinary status are not permitted visitation.
- Lockers are available for storage of personal items. The cost to use a locker is twenty-five (25) cents, quarters only. Change is not available at the jail. The quarter will be refunded after the locker key is returned.
- Specialty housing units 1A, 1D, 1K, 1E, 1F, 1H, 1S and U7 lockdown between the hours of 10:30 am to 12:00 noon and 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm Monday thru Friday and 10:30 am to 12:00 noon Saturday and Sunday and do not get visits during those times.
« Return to Jail Info