P.O. Box 951
Tucson, Arizona 85702
- Postal services are provided Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- Inmates may order magazines, newspapers, soft cover books, etc. These items must come directly from the publisher or a widely accepted distributor.
- All mail is subject to search. Mail is not read except in the course of an investigation.
- Inmates may not receive any mail, books, or magazines showing explicit sexual conduct.
- All letters coming into and leaving the facility must be by U.S. Mail.
- Inmates must have prior permission to receive incoming packages.
- Inmates cannot receive any item that is available through the facility commissary.
- Authorization must be obtained 5 days before the package is sent. Packages will be opened and searched by the mail officer. This authorization does not apply to books, newspapers and magazines sent directly from the publisher or a distributor as described above.
- Acceptable forms of money (U.S. bank checks or money orders) will be removed from incoming mail and deposited into the inmate's account.
- All legal mail must be sent in pre-printed/pre-stamped postage envelopes or metered postage.
- Only loose paper contents are acceptable. Legal mail may not be bound, stapled, or fastened in any manner.
- Legal mail manila envelopes will be confiscated and destroyed. The Corrections Bureau will provide replacement manila envelopes for storage of legal mail.
- All letters must be sent in pre-printed/pre-stamped postage envelopes or metered postage.
- Letters written with gel pens will no longer be accepted and will be returned to the sender.
« Return to Jail Info