In the News:
- A day in the life of a Pima County Sheriff's Deputy in training (12/11/14, KGUN-TV)
- Cadets attend academy (4/3/13, Explorer News)
- Earning the badge: A behind the scenes look at how recruits train (3/21/13, KGUN-TV)
- From classroom to cruiser (10/4/12, Tucson News Now)
How to Apply:
Applications for the position of Deputy Sheriff are only available at pre-determined times through-out the year. Following is the current hiring schedule for Deputy Sheriff:
- Process Open/Close: January 2, 2015 - January 16, 2015
- Multiple Choice Test: January 25, 2015
- Physical Fitness Assessment: February 7, 2015
- Anticipated Academy: September 21, 2015
DEPUTY SHERIFF APPLICANTS:
- Complete both the AZPOST Personal History Form and the Deputy Background Packet.
- Place "DNA" in any field that does not apply to you.
- Read carefully and follow ALL instructions contained in the packets.
- Have all of the authorizations (AZPOST and DEPUTY SHERIFF Packet) forms notarized prior to submitting your background packet.
- If prior military, complete the "REQUEST FOR MILITARY RECORDS" form and have it notarized also.
- Bring BOTH, COMPLETED packets with you to the Physical Agility test.
- Bring required documents with you to your Oral Board interview.
« Return to Careers