The Pima County Sheriff's Department continually recruits for positions other than Deputy Sheriff and Corrections Officer. Civilian opportunities are varied and include clerical, technical, service/maintenance, and professional positions. Some of these positions require working nights, weekends, and holidays. Civilian personnel play an integral role in dealing with the public and providing support to deputies and corrections officers in law enforcement and community service areas.
All positions with the Pima County Sheriff's Department require satisfactory completion of a background investigation, polygraph, and drug screen. The hiring process is very detailed and may take up to 6-8 weeks to complete.
Please visit the Pima County Human Resources website for a list of available positions. You may also submit a Job Interest Card and mention the civilian position you are interested in hearing about once it becomes available.
Latent Print Examiner
Requisition #: 2016-00028
Starting Salary: $21.59/hr
Shift: Rotating, Evenings, Days
(1) A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and completion of eighty (80) hours of formal training in latent print matters plus one year experience in latent print-related matters. (Experience can substitute for the Bachelor's degree requirement at the rate of two years full-time experience as a latent print examiner for one year of college credit.) OR
(2) Current certification as a Latent Print Examiner by the International Association for Identification.
1. Cumulative of two (2) or more years of experience as a full-time Latent Fingerprint Examiner.
Supply Technician Senior
Requisition #: 2016-00065
Starting Salary: $13.58/hr
Shift: Rotating, Evenings, Days
(1) Two years of experience in receipt, inventorying and distribution of supplies, materials and/or equipment.
(2) One year of experience with Pima County as a Supply Technician, Supply Processing and Distribution Technician I or Supply, Processing and Distribution Technician.
Licenses and Certificates: Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Risk Management's review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice Items: Due to need for access to law enforcement, detention or correctional facilities, satisfactory completion of personal background investigation by law enforcement agencies is required.
Candidates must be willing to work in a Jail environment.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: The ability to: lift, push, pull and carry 50 pounds or more; stoop and bend; wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE); and independently move and manipulate heavy objects. Other physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position
Full job posting on Pima County Website
How to Apply:
Please reference the Job Title and Job number when applying for the interested position.