The Pima County Sheriff's Department continually recruits for positions other than Deputy Sheriff and Corrections Officer. Civilian opportunities are varied and include clerical, technical, service/maintenance, and professional positions. Some of these positions require working nights, weekends, and holidays. Civilian personnel play an integral role in dealing with the public and providing support to deputies and corrections officers in law enforcement and community service areas.
All positions with the Pima County Sheriff's Department require satisfactory completion of a background investigation, polygraph, and drug screen. The hiring process is very detailed and may take up to 6-8 weeks to complete.
Please visit the Pima County Human Resources website for a list of available positions. You may also submit a Job Interest Card and mention the civilian position you are interested in hearing about once it becomes available.
Primary Helicopter Pilot
Requisition #: 1102
Starting Salary: $31.40/hr
Position Type: Full Time - Permanent
Shift: Rotating, Evenings, Days
- Must show (and maintain) a current and valid Class II FAA Medical Certificate.
- Must show (and maintain) a current and valid Commercial Pilot’s License for a rotorcraft.
- Must prove a current bi-annual flight review.
- Must be “helicopter current,” according to Federal Aviation Requirements (FAR’s), and prove currency within the past 30 days.
- Must prove at least 2,500 hours of helicopter flight experience.
- Must prove at least 1,000 hours as pilot-in-command.
- Must prove at least 1,000 hours of turbine helicopter flight experience.
- Must prove at least 100 hours of helicopter night flight (aided or unaided).
The hiring process closes at 12:05 a.m. on 8/22/15.
How to Apply:
Candidates must apply referencing the job Requisition number before the given deadline in job posting.
External Candidates - Apply at https://www.apply2jobs.com/PimaCounty
Current Pima County employees - Apply through the Internal Career Center in the ADP/ESS Porta: https//portal.adp.com
Please see the official job announcement on the Pima County Career Center for more information. If you need assistance with your existing Career Center account (i.e. cannot remember password, etc.) please contact Pima County Human Resources at (520) 724-8028 and ask to speak to a Site Administrator.